Whereas the need exists for cohesive action on the part of the physicians of Indian heritage residing in the United States of America, it is hereby resolved that a nonprofit organization be formed to maintain the identity of the said group of people, to provide a forum for scientific, educational, cultural, charitable and social interaction among its members.
- To bring together individuals and organizations of physicians of Indian heritage practicing in the United States under one umbrella organization.
- The Association is organized exclusively for scientific, educational, cultural and charitable purposes.
- To assist medical students and physicians to obtain scientific training in the United States.
- To conduct seminars and other educational programs to acquaint members of new scientific developments in the field of human medicine.
- To support and foster the availability of medical assistance to indigent people in the United States.
- To make contributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law.
- To provide mutual understanding and cooperation between this association and other medical societies in the United States and India.
- To maintain a directory of physicians of Indian origin.
- To provide other member services as needed.